I find I have become very... what's the word? Lazy(?) Passive(?) Too comfortable(?) with life, especially since becoming a mom and spending most of my days in my PJ's at home.
I feel like I have had a productive day when I shower and load/unload the dishwasher.
I spend so much of my time caring for Evan that I find myself just grabbing junk food to eat when I'm hungry and I drink way too much coffee and not nearly enough water. I used to get exercise in my day when I would bounce Evan to sleep for easily 1-2 hours each day, but now that we've taught him to fall asleep on his own I get little to no exercise, and my only time with God during the average week is at church.
Now that I feel like I have this parenting thing under control, I want all that to change and I want to feel like I have been productive or done something good for myself each week. So I have come up with this blog where I will make known a challenge I wish to accomplish each week (Saturday to Saturday) and you will all hold me accountable.
Challenges may sound small, but be HUGE for me. Challenges may be simple, or may be difficult. I am open to suggestions, and will TRY to write every day with whether I succeeded or not.
Challenges may be about food, exercise, spiritual growth, cleaning, or even just to put "real" clothes on every day... anything really.
So, this Saturday will be the beginning of this project.
Any ideas for my first challenge? I will not accept challenges that require me to go outside during this dreaded weather. :P I can only change "so" much.
... Who knows ... I may learn something through all this.
I challenge you to run a half hour each day during Evan's naptime. By extension it'll likely cause you to shower each day and get dressed afterward. Kinda hits a few stones all at once ya know? Love you!
ReplyDelete