Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 7

I must thank you all for your encouragement this week. Between the comments on this blog, emails, and personal messages, I was encouraged to keep trucking and not give up even for one day.

For my last day of this challenge, I strapped on 15 lbs of baby and went for a 30 minute inclined walk.

It was a good way to end my week. We listened to "worship" music as 'we' walked and I sang to Evan and told him I did this every day while he slept, and to prove he understood, he fell asleep in his baby carrier.

So, what have I learned from this week?

I learned that if I put my mind to it, I CAN in fact accomplish anything I set out for myself. I just need a good kick in the butt. Daily visits with our treadmill is a real challenge for me, and to know that even if Evan only naps for half an hour at a time, I can still take that time to do something productive - even if it's something I REALLY don't want to do.

I also learned that if I exercise in the evening, I crave food like nobody's business, BUT if I exercise during the day, I eat a lighter lunch in anticipation of my run/walk, and I go on with my normal daily meals. Ha!

This week has hopefully kick started an exercise bug in me. Though I much prefer to do things I enjoy like rollerblading, swimming, or walking/biking to a specific destination, I HOPE to get 30 minutes of exercise in (either treadmill or a Jillian Michaels dvd) at least 3 times a week (till the nice weather finally comes back). I *do* need to get rid of this muffin top. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment